Sunday 4 February 2018

Not just another day!

It's never just another day when you get to play in the snow...well I call it shoveling! or when you get to spend the whole day sewing....well I call it therapy!!
Yesterday was a UFO day at our guild. We gathered with friends to try to finish our UFOs and maybe get some help to finish others. This quilt top happened yesterday for me.
start of my challenge-all from my stash
quilt top ready for basting and quilting
I was given a bit of a challenge after teaching a class the other week. There were triangles leftover after cutting so I saved mine and one of the other ladies gave me her's and said she couldn't wait to see what I would do with them. So I did a little research on the internet about tri-rec triangles. These are not 60 degree triangles. I however found a picture of a quilt and was able to adapt it for my purposes. So I sewed up the rows yesterday during the UFO day and once home and  supper finished, I put the top together with the sashing. Today I added the borders and now it is ready for basting and quilting.Very productive I must say!!!
baby quilt just needs label & wash
The baby quilt I was working on is finished too. I want to show it at guild so it won't be delivered for a couple of weeks yet. You can read about it here!

I made a feather quilt last summer with a little girl in mind. However her grandma is my good friend and a quilter so I didn't want to step on any toes so this quilt was given as a Christmas gift instead of as a welcoming to the family gift. I think she looks pretty happy with her new play mat!!

feather quilt for a little cutiepie
I will also be checking in with Kathy and her slow stitching Sunday. It is always interesting seeing what everyone is up to these days.Have a great week ahead and it looks like I will be shoveling again!!!

6 comments:

  1. You are so creative...wonderful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty hearts in the pink and white quilt. You have been productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious! Love her feather quilt. You're excellent at paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...just an FYI none of these quilts were paper pieced. All are patchwork.

      Delete
  4. The new triangle quilt is a study in how the background fabric can change the value of the pieces it surrounds! Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very productive with lots of lovely goodies! I really like that triangle top. Looking forward to seeing that at guild.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...