Sunday 7 August 2022

Busy week

snuggly critters
 It has been a quiet week but I have managed to get lots done. Six little stuff animals have their own quilts to go to their new homes with. I make small quilts to go with stuff animals for charity. The quilts were made with some of the scraps that I found while cleaning last week. You can read more about that subject here. I also finished this quilt top for charity. I added some of my own fabric to more found scraps and voila...another top to machine quilt.

finished quilt top
I have had a quilt pin basted and sitting and waiting and yesterday I started it. I hope to finish it today and get the binding on it. That will be my slow stitching when I join Kathy for some needle and thread time. It is so warm and muggy here but suppose to cool off so I might be able to sit in my favourite chair outside and do the binding!
front porch sitting

Before the rains come and knock down the poppies...I thought I would share them with you. They are so large and fluffy but only last a day or two once they open up. The garden is doing well too. I have been eating and freezing beans and peas. Lettuce, onions, kale and zucchini are being eaten as they grow! I love planning meals from the garden.

I may open another sewing bag of goodies. Come back and check the blog and see what I may get into this week!

gardens are filling in

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks wonderful, Deanna - nothing like fresh from your own garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks wonderful - luv veggies fresh from the garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snuggly critters are quite an accomplishment and a sweet touch to you donation! Such a pretty quilt top! Love those stars! Thank you for sharing your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing garden full of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...