Thursday 11 August 2022

A bag of many tricks

It is all about bees!
Another quilt top has been completed from the scraps I discovered in a bag in my sewing room. The backing for the quilt top was more challenging than making the quilt. I have 1 and 2 meter chucks of fabric or 5,6 or more meters for backing. But these single bed quilts for the most part need 3 meters...argg! I had to do some deep stash diving and came up with this floral to back a honey bee quilt! I used up more small pieces of stash to make a scrappy golden binding! I am hoping some young person will love it once it is donated to a local charity group.

I finished machine quilting  another quilt that will be going to Quilts of valor. I will post the final pic once the binding is finished. It is the last of my Christmas presents. You can read about  what I am talking about here if you don't know! It got misplaced in a pile of fabric so it is getting finished now.

binding and backing
The garden continues to grow way too fast and these got made today! Yummy dilled beans! Feels good to put away the veggies and will get to enjoy them in the winter!

Enjoy the rest of the week. We have had cooler weather but sunny so it is lovely

Dilled beans

 

1 comment:

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...