Wednesday 27 January 2021

New Project!

leftovers after cutting
 I spent yesterday afternoon and late into the evening cutting out pieces for my newest quilt. A couple friends and I are doing a pattern from a magazine together. We will each have our own quilt. I was going to throw caution to the wind and go very scrappy but have now changed my mind. I sorted through my boxes of fabrics, picking out anything less than a fat quarter. I then had to go back and grab a couple fat quarters as I didn't have enough fabric. So I started out with 14 fat quarters or equivalent there of, in colours medium and dark shades. Then I had to find neutrals, beige, cream all the way to yellowish shades, 17 fat quarters of them.



pieces ready for sewing

After cutting all that I think I need, there isn't much fabric left. I sure cleared out some small pieces. Although this quilt will be sort of controlled scrappy...it will be all kinds of scrappy.


Here is a small pic of the pattern we are doing. I hope I am not infringing on any copyright! We found several mistakes in the pattern so we will correct them as we go along and we are changing the sizes anyway from the pattern.

Today is the start of the sewing...this should be fun!

4 comments:

  1. In the world of www, there are countless blogs. But believe me, this blog has all the perfection that makes it unique in all. I will be back again and again. The Best Remote Team Management Tool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a few online communities include singles sets which attempt enjoyable click here activities mutually, all this is actually is a good renewable dating approach. Incidents similar to pedaling, bowling, curling, video clip evenings, breaking a leg and comedy club sets tend to be organized with the singles group, but it enables a evenly-distributed group of objectives to have a great as well as laid-back nights. Together with emphasis apply to the actual activity themselves as an alternative to building a romantic connection, you will need plenty of demand journey singles in addition to sights manifest additional the natural way throughout this kind of environment. http://aka.ms/accountsettings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your website internet site online and check a couple of your early posts. Always keep inside the excellent operate. I just additional your Rss to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading far more from you finding out down the road!… http://aka.ms/accountsettings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings, it has been a while since I last visited your blog. I have been waiting so long for this article. My college assignment has a similar topic to your article and I need it to finish it.
    buy views on YouTube
    buy YouTube Views cheap

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...