Sunday 17 January 2021

Words to live by

can you see the sparkles
 A few years ago we were encouraged at guild to chose a word help us through the coming year. A word to live by, work by, or just keep us going. A friend reminded me of this the other day. Carla at Quilting by the River chose "pause". Which got me to thinking...and I went back to a word I used from a previous  year..."imagine"! It fits for me...imagine all the things we can do even during a lockdown/stay at home order. Imagine the things you can create, get finished or get started, clean, give away or just trash. It is okay to just let it go. I received this Christmas card a few years ago from a friend Joan and it was so pretty I framed it and it sits in my studio to remind me each day.

machine quilted by me
My second finish of the year was completed this week. It is a twin/lap size quilt from a BOM we did at guild this past year. I created my own setting for it as I was not fond of the two layout we were given. I especially like the striped fabric that I saved to use for the binding. It will be added to the growing pile of donation/charity quilts that I have.

loving the striped binding






For the last three days I have been working on some applique. It is a lot of individual pieces so lots of starting and stopping. But I have been listening to an audio book and getting it stitched. I have to finish this border and add it to the main body of the quilt that has been pieced for months....almost a year!!! This one needs to be done!! I think I will even hand quilt it so it will go right onto the frame. I have lots of time to do it now!! 

I will have "appliqueitis" when I finish
So applique is what I will be doing for slow stitching Sunday. I will be checking in with my friend Kathy and see what everyone else is working on today. I spent the morning shoveling and using the snow blower to get rid of the 7inches of snow we got yesterday and overnight. It sure has made everything look so pretty.








I would like to take a moment to send a special hug out to two quilter friends that have lost their husbands recently. Donna and Kay, I hope with your many friends, family and your love of quilting and crafts...that you will find some solace at this time. And to a neighbour friend Patty who also lost her husband suddenly. I am thinking of you all at this time.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            


1 comment:

  1. I love the card, what an inspiration! Pretty quilt and pretty applique. I'm so sorry about your friends' losses.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...