Sunday 10 January 2021

Happy New Year

Carla's quilt along

 Or welcome to continued lockdown and getting things finished! And that is all I have to say about that subject...so onto more fun things. A new year is a good chance to survey the studio and figure out what to do. Things that need finishing and then there are always new projects that are jumping the line and wanting to be done. I have cleaned up the studio and found a few of both!!

I followed along with my friend Carla at Quilting by the River and her quilt-along. Her blocks were 9" finished and I decided to do 4.5" finished. It made a lovely baby quilt that I can gift at a later date. Machine quilted and bound last night....woohoo first finish of 2021!! The start of the quilt along can be found here and the rest on her facebook site.

BOM from guild
Next in line is a BOM from guild. Once everything closed last Spring we continued getting the blocks via email. I was not fond of the two finishing settings so I came up with one of my own. Couldn't go too big as I only had so much backing fabric. It will make a nice charity donation quilt. It is what I will be quilting on today. Machine quilting with a little hand quilting I am thinking maybe! It doesn't photograph well but is beige, soft blues and gray.




Yesterday I worked on the blocks for the Morewood Mystery from Meadow Mist Designs. I think the reveal will be next month. It has been a good mystery to work on at a very leisurely pace. One clue per month and she announced she will be starting another mystery in June or July!

Quilting is my first love but for those down times, I love knitting and other crafts. I was asked to make a doily for DH's aunt. I have done many before but for some reason this one was a challenge for me. Guess I can stroke that off my list of things I like to do. I am just happy it lays flat and hope that it will be large enough.

One last thing to finish off 2020.....someone posted last year that they kept their empty thread spools, just to see how many they used in a year. Well I decided to play along and in 2020 this is the pile I emptied....49 various spools. That is not including spools that I used and didn't empty! Do you want to play along with me this year!!

Hopefully if the good luck quilting gnomes are with me, I will be binding by the evening! Joining in with Kathy and her followers for some slow stitching!!




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish on your quilt, and great projects to work on! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year dear friend and thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes, the only good thing about being in lockdown is all the extra stitching time! Pretty doily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. Year to Day

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...