Sunday 13 October 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

It is Sunday of a long thanksgiving weekend. The turkey is cooking away and I have time to do a quick blog post.
1st one almost done
Just when I thought I was doing so well sewing this week...I had to stop and do necessary household things! It is that time of year...fresh meat is coming to our freezer. Yesterday it was 2 farm fresh turkeys with beef and chickens coming soon! So today while cleaning turkey bones that were simmered for soup broth, I was also defrosting the deep freezers! It was perfect timing as I did one thing the other was melting away.I just had to wipe up the water and repack the freezers. Good note here, I found a pie to bake for dessert tonight while I was cleaning!!

blocks from 2015-2nd quilt to finish



So on the sewing front, I machine quilted a Quilts of Valor quilt. I just have to do the outside borders and put some binding on. That will get done later this evening as my slow stitching Sunday project with Kathy. As many know I am not a fan of machine quilting but I do have to say it doesn't look too bad. I did free motion swirls on the main body and I used a stencil and will free motion the borders following those lines.
I have a second quilt top ready for quilting. There was almost enough backing and batting left from the first quilt to use for the second one. I will just have to add some length to each. Laying out this one and pin basting it might get done tomorrow as we don't have any holiday plans. You can see more about this quilt here.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend and all the leftovers for  this coming week!











3 comments:

  1. Aah....household chores....much rather be stitching, but alas, the chores must be done, mustn't they. =) Your fridge sounds as if it well stocked. Your Quilt of Valor quilt is looking lovely. May you have a lovely Thanksgiving. It sounds as if your celebratory dinner is going to be delicious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy relaxing with your binding tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving To you. Our thanksgiving isn't until November. You do lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...