Thursday 10 October 2019

Playing with Colours

hmm...look brighter in person
pattern and some pieces
This has been a week to play. I am back in my sewing room after a busy summer. I have gotten the fabric cut up and put into kits for one project that I can work on at my retreat in a couple of weeks. Aren't these colours wonderful...they are as bright as the colours that are happening outside in my neighbourhood. This is a sample for a class that I will be teaching later in 2020.

my neighbour's tree
I can hardly believe that it is October already. Moose hunting, leaves falling and retreat season. I will be leaving in a couple of weeks for a four day weekend of fun.We were going to go shopping beforehand but have decided we have enough and just need to sew it all up.

What do you take to retreat? One project to work on for the whole weekend or do you take many things so you don't get bored. I tend to take a couple projects to work on in the sewing room and some hand stitching or knitting for more quiet time in the evening...when my brain is too tired to sew!!
view of my creek
 So today I will be searching the UFO pile, looking in boxes and bags for things that could get completed or at the very least one step closer to being finished.
While I was going through some drawers I found some tree blocks that I won in a block lottery. No time like now to do something with them...they have only been sitting there for 4 years!!!!
I even found a piece of fabric to make sashing with and there was just enough. Now to sew it up into a top and add a border. I think it will be a donation to Quilts of Valor.

I plan on sewing the weekend away too. Should be able to get a few things accomplished. No time like now to get motivated!!
 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!


1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...