Thursday 23 August 2018

And the winner is.....

We had our wrap up party for the guild year last night. With just having the quilt show the other weekend, there was lots to talk about.Although they didn't have final totals...our show had 400+ visitors. The raffle we did brought in $1000 for our charity committee and $2416.20 for a local hospice that is being built(they just broke ground last Friday)

Our dinner last night was a picnic theme with salads, cold meats and ice cream for dessert.Simple and delicious and then we presented our winners from the three challenges we had this year.
My own block of the month tied for 1st
First was a block of the month. You had to make the 12 blocks and add at least 60  two coloured only nine patches. The rest of the layout design for the quilt was up to you and the bonus the quilt didn't have to be finished. We had 13 entries and they were all so different and amazing. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share. The winners were Nicole and myself tied for first and Nicole's friend Pearl received third place.
Next was a paint chip challenge. You picked three colours your choice and one background then we gave everyone the same pattern. The quilt for this one had to be finished.We only had 4 participants in this one...so there was a 1-4th place. My friend Mallory with batik colours took first, second went to one of my sewing students Bernadette, our friend Linda got third with her southwest colour themed quilt and I received 4th.
The last challenge was finishing UFO. We made two categories....done all by yourself and done by you and anyone else. Three winners were presented in each category. Mallory, myself and Bernadette along with my friend Susan  and two other guild members Marg and Maragret each received $20.
CQA ribbon winner
It was a great way to end the guild year!
Also we had the winner of the CQA rosette from the quilt show there with her quilt and she told us some funny stories of the making of the quilt.

It has been a busy year...with being on program and having the quilt show and trying to get everything done on time. It will be nice to sit back and relax for awhile. Don't confuse that with having nothing to do though!!

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...