Sunday 19 August 2018

One week already!

DH helping in the kitchen
I will be one week post eye surgery tomorrow! My week has revolved around naps and eye drops. You can read about my busy week in my last post here.
this was my yesterday +3 bottles in the fridge
I have been able to do little things and DH has been really good about helping carrying the laundry to the clothesline and vacuuming the house(you have to when you have a shedding dog)! He is even learning how I do pickling as everything seems to be coming ready in the garden this week! So yesterday I made pesto from the basil in my garden, dill pickles and dilled carrots. I had more cucumbers so I made some buckets pickles which just stay in the fridge indefinitely!
This coming week is our last guild meeting. We will be awarding our prizes for all the challenges we put on this year in our program. Being on program I know some of the winners but we have a couple random draws so I will tell you more about those winners later this week.

Last night while DH was out at a fundraiser, I did an Outlander marathon on Netflix and finished the binding on my Metro Rings quilt. It is similar to double wedding ring but it is stripped pieced and cut with a curved ruler. I had taught this class last year at guild. You can read about what when we started and getting the top done and how long it has taken me to get this finished. And now I can finally take photos of the finished quilt.


Metro Rings+my sunflowers
Today I am bored with sitting still and not lifting and being a patience patient!!! I know I still have to follow the rules so my eye heals but I just want to play in my sewing room.

I have checked in with my buddy Kathy and her slow stitching day. Slow stitching for me today might be trying to finish the sock that I have been knitting.  Fine hand stitching is out of the question for me just yet.




1 comment:

  1. I am glad your Husband was able to jump in and help you. Netflix and slow stitching is the perfect way to recover.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...