Sunday 18 February 2018

Carnival Weekend

Bernadette's blocks
It is winter carnival in my little town this weekend. Mostly is it a hockey tournament with a few other events mainly for the kids, I worked at this morning's breakfast with my hubby and got everyone feed. We have been helping with the breakfast for a few years now. That leaves the afternoon open...not quite. I helped DH tap maple trees getting them ready to collect sap to make maple syrup. It is a bit early but we are suppose to get some mild temperatures this week and it might start.
So that takes care of what is happening today but yesterday was a free day for me....so I called a friend.
what I am hand quilting
Bernadette was more than willing to come over and sew the day away. She even brought stuff for supper so we had a buffet of all kinds of things and we made a full day of it. She was sewing on a BOM and I was hand quilting. It was a fun day but of course it went by way too fast and I forgot all about a photo op!!!

But this week being Valentine's, I had the girls all here for knitting and treated them to special cookies. I had never made royal icing but it turned out not bad! Just have to show off my handy work!

special cookies

This evening I will be putting my feet up for some well deserved slow stitching time.Looking in on my friend Kathy and the others that are joining her for some slow stitch time.
Happy Family Day to my fellow Canadians. We are headed out fishing tomorrow...maybe we will catch supper...taking chicken out to than just in case!!!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Family Day tomorrow!
    Those cookies sure look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they were yummy! Maybe I will make some for Piranha retreat. Dates coming soon.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your family day sounds like a lot of fun! Do you get a lot of maple syrup from the trees? Your quilting stitches are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only tapped a few trees last year so this year will be the test. I will blog about it later into March.

      Delete
    2. My late aunt and uncle owned a sugar bush on the American side of the Boundary Waters. I have fond memories of going up to help with 'Sugaring'.

      Delete
  3. Great hand quilting. So did you get any fish today, Happy Family DAy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one caught but we returned it to the water.

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...