Sunday 22 October 2017

Teacher, Teacher!!!

runner needs quilting
Yesterday was a teaching day for me at guild. I was giving aid and answers for a Christmas table runner. It was a great group of ladies and the day went by too fast.
I am hoping to have mine quilted and finished for this week's meeting. I can't have my students finishing before their teacher...can I???
It is a week of sewing ahead for me as DH is off hunting for the week. I have a head start because he left early too. I have a quilt basted and ready to be quilted for the Quilts of Valor.Also there are several projects that need completing for the upcoming program at guild. But this week I picked up some hand embroidery and can't seem to put it down. So I will quilt by day and stitch by night. My sewing room doesn't have upper lighting so this plan works great for me!


embroidery in progress
My cousin ask me to put some embroidered blocks together into a quilt for her mother in law. The mother in law's mother did the embroidery. You can see that quilt here But there were some blocks that weren't finished, I asked if I could complete them for her. They have been sitting in a pile for awhile now and I have started them.It is very relaxing to hand stitch away the evenings on them. This is block 1 or 6 and I know I will get sidetracked along the way..but here's hoping they can get finished in the early new year maybe!!!
So between binding and embroidery that is what I will be hand stitching on today and joining Kathy slow stitching Sunday group.

Stay in touch and see what other things/projects I might get done this week!!Happy Quilting.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! Quilt binding is my favorite handwork, LOL! I finished up my wool project. Visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Love the table runner, very pretty. I've got a coupe quilts going that are embroidered blocks. I hate putting quilts together, maybe someday they will get finished. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Christmas project!
    Enjoy your embroidery (and the week away from Ted!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the festive table runner! And the embroidery is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable table runner..love the candy canes and holly leaves--so Christmassy looking...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table runner. I love that embroidery also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be able to get lots done when your husband is away! Have fun as you sew this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful table runner. Enjoy your stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...