Thursday 19 October 2017

Quilt retreat!!

my view for the weekend
It seems I was on the road again...this time headed for my annual quilt retreat. This year marked the 10th year we have been doing this.Although we have changed venues a  few times and faces have come and gone over the years...we still manage to get a good group of ladies together and have a fun weekend. I am not going to say we got lots accomplished (if you have ever been to one, you will know what I mean)but sewing was done and projects got more work done on them and some were even  completed.
6 strips of 4 patches just waiting to be finished
I only took three projects with me. They were all started but required lots of sewing so I only got to work on two of them. I have been sewing 4 patches with added triangles for 2 years and they finally became long strips all sewn together. They just require alternate strips and that top will be done. It is a UFO for this year's guild challenge so keep an eye out for that one!
I also took 2"squares for a small churn dash project that I will be teaching later this year. The churn dashes finish at 3"(small yes but aren't they the cutest)!I got to play in that box of 2" squares that I have been cutting up for years now.
It doesn't look like much but that was all the sewing I got done in 3 1/2 days of quilt retreat.
3" churn dash blocks














binding done
 I also got the binding sewn on a lap quilt that my friend Susan quilted for me on her long arm.She brought it along with her to deliver to me. Hmmm...so I guess I did get something finished!!





5 years ago but not much has changed
This week also marked 30 years that I have been married to my best friend Ted. It is also the first year in a long time that we have been together for our anniversary. He was usually moose hunting or I was retreating or we were both gone. Although I was at guild for the day (as president I couldn't miss it) and he had council meetings.It was nice to be together in the  evening to mark this milestone. Days march on though and he is off to the bush for hunting season or as I say quilting season!!(with cereal suppers)not really!!!
So once this is posted I am off to the sewing room to get busy!! UFOs need finishing, projects for future classes need making and as a quilter there is always that new project that you would like to start. Have a fun week!!



1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog!! Keep up the great work. - Darlene

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...