Friday 6 October 2017

Going Places

shop hop buys
playing with my camera
That is where I have been and not in my sewing room. I spent last weekend shop hopping my way to my friend's house for the weekend. The shop hop was on my way so why not. Five shops by lunchtime is not bad. I found some little goodies along the way too. It is hard to see in the pic but a deal on fat 1/4...buy 5 get 3 free!!! I also stocked up on my whites for background...love white tone on tone.I also bought a couple pieces with yardage as they just called to me!! haha
sunrise in southern Ontario
During the weekend I went to a local fall fair and my daughter's town Pumpkin Festival. I am not really a festival going person but it was a fun two days and I got to spend time with people I love!
I drove home early 6:30 am on Monday morning and this is the sight I got to watch. Of course it was pretty but once it cleared that horizon....I was looking for sunglasses and ducking behind my sun visor.
This weekend here in Canada is our Thanksgiving Day. My hubby's family will be getting together on Monday so that means the whole weekend to sew and get ready.  Ready, ready for what you ask??
It is quilt retreat time for me. I will be gathering projects and packing patches with good intentions of finishing things. I do have good intentions...but I am also realistic! I will be happy to get a bit further on whatever projects I take with me. I know I have lots of samples that need working on but this is suppose to be relaxing and no deadlines so I will be looking for fun things to do, things I want to sew on instead of things I need to sew on! I am sure I will have more on this in the coming days. Check in and see what I might be taking along and see if I can finish anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...