Tuesday 12 September 2017

Hello September!


4"blocks,mini inside 2"
The unofficial start of quilting season is here! In the spirit of the season, I have been busy. I joined in on the Temecula mini Monday over the last month or so and this top is the  result of that. The sixteen patches I didn't really like in my quilt so they went into another one. These will be teddy bear quilts that get paired with a stuffed animal and give to a charity for delivery to a special little someone.

16 patched front
I am also gearing up for the new guild year and I am on program so that means that I have lots of samples, workshop examples and blocks to get ready. The blue and green blocks from this last post, you can see them here are for our BOM. There was a lot of flip and sew which meant lots of little odds and ends that were put to good use to make two more teddy quilts.
16 patched backing
Under my needle today was some hst which were made into pinwheels for a Christmas runner that I will be teaching in October.

These pieces are all just flimsy still which means I need to dust off my quilting machine and get busy. If you know me at all...you will know that machine quilting is not my favorite part of the finishing process...but it has to be done!

In between all of this sewing I have been doing leaders and enders. I have finallly finished all my four patches 450 with triangles added. Now for the next step.
more teddy bear quilts
Yesterday we had an all day UFO sew-a-thon at guild and I spent the day sewing tumbler pieces together. That is another leader and ender that I started and it just needs to be done ....soooooon!!!
Parts for a Christmas runner

Next week guild meetings start for me...my first as president!! Exciting and terrifying at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. You sew girl! Remember your among quilters & everything will work out, you have an executive to back you up plus the classic "imagine everyone naked"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Tuesday, Deanna - things went very well - you did a very good job - I have heard lots of very positive comments - looking forward to a very successful quilty year/

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...