Sunday 3 September 2017

Not over Yet!!!

Fall is coming
With it being Labour Day weekend in Ontario, it is also the unofficial end of summer as the kids head back to school next week.It was a beautiful warmish day yesterday so I was able to mow the lawn and do outside jobs which was good because today is cooler and rainy! A good day to be inside sewing, I think.
Four o'clocks I think
Mixed flowers including poppies










I did slip out in between rain drops to get some pics of my yard. The garden is slowly being used up. Beets, dill pickles and I have frozen some peas and beans. We had frost on friday and saturday but my coverings saved the plants for a few more weeks!Luckily most of my flowers are against the house and are still alive, untouched by the frost. They are so happy looking and so is Belle our golden retriever(don't you think)!!
Our Belle



I have been working this week on these blocks of the month for the up coming year. I am on the program committee so must have them done ahead of time.Today I will be working on the nine patches that go with them. The layout will come later in the guild year. As I have said in an earlier post here....I have already named this quilt "under the influence". It was my friend Barb who gave me the green fabric which is my background and she and her sister Louise who convinced me it would work. I was unsure at the time...but it is growing on me!
The one other project I have to complete soon is a table runner for a class I will be teaching in October. It is a Christmas one...so I am having a hard time getting in the mood to do it!!
BOM how about that green background

 I have been finding the evenings long with no hand work to do....ya right!! So I started a pair of socks for me. I have so many knitting books with socks and I keep making the same pattern so I am testing my knowledge of knitting and trying something new!! We will see how that works.So although it is slow stitching Sunday at Kathy's house...I will be in the sewing room sewing away on these nine patches and hoping to have them done today! Hop over to Kathy's blog and see what she and her followers are  up to.

4 comments:

  1. The green gives a nice punch to the blocks. Sounds like you are pretty busy. I'm having a hard time feeling like autumn (let alone Christmas) with our 90+ degree weather. It's got to get cooler soon. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are so pretty. I really like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt! Have fun with the nine patches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue and green combo, it's one of my faves. And those 9 patches will finish it off beautifully. Yay for rainy days!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...