Sunday 30 July 2017

Scrappy Days

I have dived into my scrap bucket again. It seems that that bucket or rather large bag is unending!! I got the pieces all cut and then sewn together. I put the blocks on point which meant set in triangles. There is lies the problem I encountered...what colour do I use??? Scrap quilt with many colours and white as a constant. I was at a loss as to what colour to use for the set in triangles. So to the internet I went and posted on two sites. I received varying results and ideas as to what I should do. There was a lot of blue, red, black,white and a few ladies even went outside the box and said I should just do more blocks and trim them to the edge of the quilt.
Ultimately I chose the safe colour , I went with blue. I had other reasons too. I was first going to chose grey but I didn't have enough to do triangles and an outside border, so blue was my second choice and I had enough!! There goes one more chunk of fabric from my stash.

With the heat today, we are heading to the lake for some evening fishing. I take along my hexies or knitting with me. So that is what I will be doing for slow stitching Sunday with. Kathy Check out her blog and see what everyone else is up to too!!

So fishing came sooner rather than later and I didn't get the borders all on. Check back with me tomorrow to see the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. Love the scrappy blocks! Have fun with those setting triangles :-)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...