Friday 28 April 2017

Workshop's over

listening to instructions
It is like the day after Christmas! You wait all year for that one day and then POOF!!! it is over. My fun started on Tuesday when Susan (my friend) arrived and then Carla (our workshop teacher)from Quilting by the River, We chatted all evening and before we knew it it was bedtime if we hoped to be wide awake enough for the workshop the next day.
busy at work
one block done










The workshop started and off we went! We were doing simple units made easier and more accurate with the Deb Tucker Studio 180 rulers. Fourteen of us enjoy the day with Carla. Our aim was to get one leaf block done and most of us accomplished that.
cool stars
After a busy day, we relaxed with dinner out and returned to the building for the guild's monthly meeting. Carla gave us a trunk show which didn't disappoint either. A full house enjoyed her stories and her quilts. But like the class, it was over way too soon and we said good bye and she was on her way home that night.I am sure this guild will be having Carla as a returning teacher in the near future!! There are so many ideas that I would like to try with the new rulers but that will have to wait a bit.
tumbling bits
colourful stars
















On Thursday Susan and I did some sewing and some buddy time before she had to head for home too. It is so nice to get together. We have been doing this for 10 years, getting together and quilting each month as we can make time.
Now my mind must turn to completing the hand quilting on "that quilt"! The weather is warming up and I want to be outside planting flowerbeds and gardens. So the push will be on this week to complete the quilting. The weekend is almost here!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...