Sunday 30 April 2017

Quilting can wait...right!?!

Well it had to wait this weekend.  Our neighbour came over and cut down a huge dead Elm tree in our yard. DH was feeling a bit under the weather so I felt sorry for him having to do all the clean up alone...so work boots, gloves and rake in hand, the clean up began. Who knew picking up sticks and small logs would create so many steps on my fitbit!!


Today we were back at it, trying to beat the rain that was forecast. We had a few snowflakes fall on us and some ice crystals...but we kept working and finished the mess after lunch just as the cloud let go and the rain fell.
So needless to say not much sewing or quilting was done today or yesterday. I am hoping for a couple hours this evening. That will be how I join Kathy with putting some slow stitching into my quilt. I also have some knitting to do once I curl up in my rocking chair. (boy that sounds old)!!!

 Here is the latest up date on "the quilt"! I have started working from the other side and soon the quilting will be meeting and the frame will be coming down. I figure I have at least a week of stitching to go then the finishing of the edge. There will be no binding as the top of the quilt has already been hemmed and finished...so I will be just turning the backing to the inside and hand stitching it in place. There will be more about that in another post.

Hope you are getting some stitching/sewing done whether or not it is slow or fast!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic! I love the texture your stitches create!
    I can't believe you are that close to finishing already!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...