Monday 24 April 2017

Let the fun begin!

It has been a busy weekend! We had a Maple Syrup Festival on Saturday,in our little community of 3200 people where the population increased by 15000 I am sure.  There was a small quilt display where half of the quilts were over 60 years old. One was even over 150 years old. It was nice to hear the history of some of these quilts.This left the rest of the weekend to get ready for this week.

So today I am preparing my house, cleaning and getting rooms ready cause tomorrow my friend Susan is coming for a few days to visit. She has been in Florida for most of the winter and this will be our first face to face visit.(we don't include our chats on facebook) I also have another friend Carla coming who will be teaching at our guild on Wednesday.

We are working on the pattern Northern Neighbours by Studio 180 Designs and Deb Tucker rulers.
Carla is a certified instructor with Studio 180 and a CQA teacher. We are going to have a lot of fun on Wednesday. Our guild meeting is that night too where Carla will be doing a trunk show for us. WOW

But all that fun will be for another post. Today I must get ready. I haven't even gotten my fabric ready. I have been procrastinating and now I am almost out of time. I also have to get some things ready for the guild meeting which will be that night too. I am hoping to put a few more stitches in this quilt I am hand quilting. I was hoping it would be done by now but I am getting closer. I have moved to the other side of the quilt as you can see. Only a couple more rolls and it will be finished.

The weather is warming up and soon it will be time to be outside raking and gardening. My Spring flowers are starting to bloom and all the snow is almost gone from the yard leaving behind the mess from the winter and all those sticks our dog has scattered.
 I am a little tardy in joining in on Kathy's blog for slow stitching but I was last night. I work on this, our block of the month for May. Some yoyos and some applique was happening to relax in the evening. Check out Kathy's blog and see what everyone else was slow stitching on too!

Okay can't put it off any longer enjoy your day and week. Come back later this week and see what fun we had at our workshop!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an exciting week!
    Such a lovely photo of your quilt in front of the window... I feel more relaxed just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...