Monday 11 April 2016

April Showers....

filler'up we're hungry
bring snowplowers in our neighbourhood!! Yes we have had snow again, last week 8-10 inches and we got a couple more over night. It is looking more like early December. I have to say it is prettier than all that yucky brown Spring stuff but enough already ...it is April. Even the poor little birds are confused!!

Oh well it just means I have more time to sew and that if what we did on the weekend. We had a workshop with the subject being  the "one block wonder"! I have to admit, not one of my favorite quilts but I was willing to try. Sorry to say but they are seem to look like a "dog's breakfast" or a hodge podge of blocks with no rhyme or reason. I made my blocks and needed a few more to fill in so I added the cubed blocks and this will be the end except for the fillers on the two sides. I am thinking right now they will be a solid black. Maybe it will have a couple borders too, so there will be more pictures as it moves along and more decisions are made.
I also finished the binding on my Allietare mystery from Bonnie Hunter. I even went the distance and did the wavy outside border. That is what I was working on last evening for my slow stitching with my friend Kathy


Today will be spent sewing one block wonder rows together. One seam at a time till it is all joined together. Turning on the tunes and getting it done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...