Sunday 15 November 2015

Well hello ....I'm backkkkkk

It has been over a week but life really did get in the way and some things were not even in my control. A week ago we had a storm  blast its way across Ontario, leaving in its wake downed hydro lines and communities without power for the day or some the whole weekend. Once the power was back up(we had ours late Friday night) we realized that our computer wouldn't turn on. OOPS!! So I had to wait for DH to get a new power supply for it before I could blog again. Now that that it fixed, here I am!!
Also my daughter was home for a couple of days for hunting season. It is the last week of deer season with the rifles. So  as a family  we spent a couple of days together with no luck, not even a partridge which I missed. We are hoping the archery season will be more fruitful.
So now with things at a slower pace I can sit down and write a blog post and catch up on everything.
I have been busy too at the sewing machine.The day the power was out I did a lot of cutting in preparation for when it was restored. Some of that hasn't been sewn as yet, maybe this week. I managed to get three quilts machine quilted in the last week. One is for charity and the other two are for a friend who had twins in October...shhh don't tell her!!(hmm she might read this) I will show pics of them once they have been delivered.
So for slow stitching sunday with Kathy, I will be doing binding and enjoying live quiltcam with Bonnie Hunter,it has been awhile!!
We had our first dusting of snow this week too...Guess that means winter is on its way. Anyone else started thinking of Christmas yet....yikes!!!!
For those following along, the finger is healing nicely and showing no signs of needing amputation. But the nail is slow growing out and in order not to catch it on anything and rip it off(causing untold language and pain) I am forced to wear a bandaid on it daily. A small price to pay I guess.
Enjoy your week and whatever quilting or stitching you are enjoying!



5 comments:

  1. Oh dear... no power, no luck with hunting, and a quilting injury?!?
    You need some good luck to change things around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your finger is healing well. I'm thankful that you didn't have any power surges to take out anything important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes . . . your finger injury sounds serious! Enjoy some slow stitching on the binding! That's a 'soothing to the soul' task! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deanna, good to hear you survived the storm. Please forgive me, but I find it hard to read about hunting deer - I don't have anything against it morally, I just couldn't do it myself! My dad was always catching rabbits and birds, but I think it's the size of a deer that makes me wince - probably because I'm imagining what it must feel like to do it! I hope you enjoyed stitching your binding at the weekend and that your finger is definitely on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunting is a big part of our lives up here but I realize it is not for everyone..so I try not to go into too much detail. Once the nail grows out on the finger things will be so much better. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...