Wednesday 22 April 2015

The faster I go .....

Nothing like spending a weekend with your feet up, chatting away with a quilting buddy, hand quilting on a quilt and being introduced to the first season of Outlander. Ahhh that is the life...but all good things come to an end and the weekend ended and Monday dawned dreary and overcast. The perfect day to be sewing.
blue border,fire truck backing
 I am making a baby quilt that has to be done and ready to travel on Friday. So I am taking a page from Bonnie Hunter and doing a quick baby quilt that she did on quilt cam a couple of years ago. I have been watching old quilt cams while sewing and saw her doing this pattern, she calls it "dancing nine patch". This is as far as it is for now but hopefully I will be machine quilting on Thursday and putting the binding on it too. I found a perfect piece of fabric for the backing but will have to add a bit to make it big enough but that's okay more stash being used up. Timing is everything...I found the perfect fabric for the sashing and had just enough too. It is wonderful when a plan comes together.
It is "hump day" which means sewing this morning and knitting this afternoon. Extra bonus...guild tonight!!
I have also been watching the seedlings that I started. They are doing well and soon will have to be transplanted. No where ready to go outside as snow is in the forecast this week.
tomatoes,kale,brussel sprouts
Have a great day everyone!




1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...