Sunday 23 August 2020

Mini holiday

 We took a couple of days and went to visit our daughter. She had arranged for us to have family pictures taken that was a Christmas gift for me.It was a fun mini holiday. I also got to meet my friend Louise's newborn granddaughter. With all the Covid rules in place, I was happy to just get to see her...but I was able to hold her too just no kisses or snuggling!! Apparently it is an "older" lady thing...wanting to see and hold babies. What do these young kids know!! haha

Other things don't stop just because you are gone for three days. The garden kept growing and producing and I have been in pickling mode once again. This picture shows today's work, pickled beets and some from the other day ...more dills.

On our drive this week I got in some knitting and the evenings gave me time to make these hexie diamonds. Any other time....I was sleeping or sitting with my poor tired feet up!!


With a coffee in hand, I will be checking in with Kathy and the ladies and looking for some inspiration to get sewing. I have heard from many and they are all saying the same thing...blame Covid!!


6 comments:

  1. So glad you got to have a wee adventure and see the new baby... they do bring us great joy! You are doing a great job on canning the garden produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum pickled beets, I just love them. Great job fitting in those stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking canning and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A change of scenery is imperative for vacation benefits to have a full effect. If you stay in the same area where you are constantly exposed to the stress of everyday life you are not really taking a break. Also, you should not go from one demanding situation to another one on vacation. Do what is effective stress management for you, a vacation should not make you even more tense if that is the case then you should find a different destination. www.vakantiehuis-dezilverenmaan.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're interested in a Santa Barbara beach house rental, a qualified representative will earn their stripes by walking you through the suitable available properties based on your unique needs and desires. For instance, if you're bringing your three Bernese mountain dogs, they'll recommend Santa Barbara beach rental locations that are both dog-friendly and bric-a-brac-free. Vakantiehuis Limburg

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...