Sunday 16 August 2020

Have you seen my quilting mojo!!


Yes my mojo seems to have disappeared and I don't know where to look for it or some inspiration. I have been knitting and working on my hexies so not totally useless. I did do one afternoon of sewing on these cute little wonky scrappy 6" star blocks.(these are also Kathy's fault/influence) I think I almost have enough to put together a quilt top.



There has also been lots of fabric petting going on. I went searching for fabric for a mystery that Kathy has enticed me with. I thought I had the perfect fabric but they said no directionals. They offered a sneak peek and I took it...yup no directional so back into the stash to find something else. I was a member of a fat quarter club and I have many so I wanted to use them up and also didn't want a beige or white for the background. So I went in search of a background fabric that had 4.25 meters. I found this dark tealish blue with black swirls. Now how to contrast the other colours...make them pop....black to gray with a bit of white! These fabrics have been sitting on my ironing board for a couple of days and I still like them so today there might be some cutting happening. This is for the Morewood mystery. It is a monthly mystery and it isn't too late to join. So far we only have fabric requirements and cutting instructions that can be found at their website.

fabrics for mystery

Pickling and baking happens as I continue to reap the benefits of our garden. Some things will be in the garden way into September...lots of squash and zuchinni.

With  a coffee in hand I will be checking in with Kathy and friends this morning. Can't promise that any slow stitching will get done today but always fun to see what others are doing. Maybe just maybe something will spur me on in the sewing department. Have a fun day and a great week ahead.



6 comments:

  1. Fabric petting is always a good thing. Pretty fabrics for you latest sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my quilting mojo for good I think, hope you find yours! Although I am happy I have several quilts to hand so that part is still intact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are stitching sweet hexies, then all is not lost. Your quilting mojo will return. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those fabric selections. I am sure they will help you find your quilting mojo. Enjoy your quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the exact same way--the only sewing I've (made myself do) did this week was sewing errant 2.5" patches together higgeldy-piggeldy--have no idea what I will do with them, if anything.;000 I close my closet fabric doors and am not even tempted to look in there...perhaps this is a Covid by-product...???
    Plus the whole New blogger issue makes me just want to forget it all...
    Hope it goes away soon...hugs julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same mojo problem... everything is in slow motion these days. Slow progress... that's what's happening!
    So glad you're jumping in on the mystery... I hope to get my cutting done this week.
    Thanks for taking the time to link up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...