Sunday 19 July 2020

I ammmm meltingggg!!

This is suppose to be close to Northern Ontario...land of cold, snow  and cooler summer temps. We have been in and out of a heatwave with lots of humidity...I just feel like a puddle some days. We had a good storm go through this morning, 11am looked more like 9pm, it got so dark!
It is good for the garden and we are starting to enjoy the fruits(veggies) of our labour!

snowmen don't make it cooler
whole top
I am in the new project mode. This week I finished the top of a challenge from guild. It was suppose to be handed in for June but guild meetings have been cancelled. So I will have it finished for September hoping we will be able to meet again! We got the pattern and could use whatever fabric but the large blank space had to tell the theme of your quilt. So this past week I was embroidering snowmen. They do look cute although they are a bit washed out and not as vibrant as the rest of the quilt.I used the leftover fat quarters to make the backing. I didn't have enough of the black for the outside border so cornerstones were all that was needed to make it work. Just using up what I have.The challenge snowman quilt will get basted this week and machine quilted but I really wanted to do some piecing.

This morning I was on mask duty for hubby and I. It will be mandatory this week to wear them in stores or businesses in our area. We have had one all along, although we haven't been using them, we were just keeping our distance from people when out!

I have also cut out strips for a scrappy donation quilt. I have the urge to sew up a quilt, one that I can get done fast and feel like I am accomplishing something. I found these fat quarters while looking for something else. They are not the prettiest so they need to be cut small!!I also found the perfect background fabric to go with those scraps...tune in later this week hopefully for a finished top!!

Kathy mentioned on her blog the other day about a mystery (Morewood Mystery)starting up  at www.MeadowMistDesigns.blogspot.com. Looks interesting with not much fabric required to start. I will be stash diving so I can play along. It is a monthly mystery starting July2020-April 2021.Kathy you are a bad influence..you enabler!! haha
I will also be reading Kathy's blog today(as all good stalkers should do) to see what everyone is slow stitching on. There has been lots of time for slow stitching...my hexies have been getting lots of attention.
Have a great week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Happy to be enabling all the quilters to start more projects!
    This mystery is an easy one truly... just background and 4 colours that don't touch anything except the background. You totally have that in your stash! So glad you will be joining in the fun!
    I spy Olaf in your snowman collection... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think snowmen are perfect to embroider when it is hot!!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...