Monday 27 July 2020

Get moving Monday

Fall themed donation quilt

I have had my days mixed up this past weekend..I kept thinking it was Monday and Tuesday for some reason. So now that it is Monday...time to get some things accomplished and get my studio table cleared off.
Yesterday was so hot and humid here you couldn't hardly breathe. Even with the fan going, the only relief was to head to the basement 


but when you did come back upstairs it was worse. Rain is in the forecast so we can only hope it will cool things a bit.
snowman challenge
snowman backing
I got two quilts machine quilted and bound this past week. My new Juki is making this process so much more enjoyable although machine quilting is still not my favourite thing to do! Binding finishes will be happening this week. The Fall coloured quilt was a "just let me sew quilt"! It was a get it done quickly and once the top was finished I wasn't sure how about an outside border...so after thinking and consulting my friend Natalie....bind it and be done!! I was clearing out an "ugly" fat quarter package but through making the quilt with the perfect background colour, it grew on me! The snowman quilt was a challenge for guild although with this year as it is...it is now a donation quilt. No yardage was harmed in making the backing for this one...but lots of fat quarters were cleared out!!The binding was made from some fabric that I know is over 29 years old!!


I just wanted to do piecing this week as a break from all the other things. I had some small wonky stars cut out and ready to go. They got sewn up quickly and then I spent the afternoon and evening picking out more pieces to make more stars. They are so cute and I think I have many more to make to have enough for a quilt...the blocks are 6"!
wonky stars
Although I am a day late, I did look in on my friend Kathy and her slow stitching Sunday crew! Thinking and blog writing was just too much for my brain to handle yesterday. So I am joining in today instead, cooler heads and temperatures prevail!

I want to wish my baby girl a Happy 29th birthday(this past Saturday) hope you had a fun party!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...