Sunday 5 June 2016

Rain Delay....

Poppies just a little beat down by the rain
In baseball it means all the fun stops but at this time of year it is a good thing for me. I don't have to be outside planting, I can be at my sewing machine sewing up a different kind of storm!
I have been sewing for a couple of days now. Sort of my own mini retreat as I was not able to be part of a group that is on retreat due to scheduling conflict with my DH. I have seen pictures on facebook and I think I am getting just as much sewing done as they are!!! Enjoy girls!

pieces slowly becoming units
I have been working away on Bonnie Hunter's talking turkey pattern. When I first looked at it, I thought it wouldn't take that long to piece....boy was I wrong! I will have to keep that in mind when I start future projects from her patterns. I love all those pieces but I am on a time crunch with this one
and really need to have this quilt DONE!!!
I have been working mostly in green and off white so yesterday I decided a change was in order. I have a couple of challenges due at different guilds(I belong to 3 of them).I took a few minutes to decide if one finished piece could cover two challenges and oh yes they can. Yesterday I worked on our "gift bag challenge" where you find a gift bag you can replicate into something quilted. It can be a wall hanging, table runner or full size quilt.So mine is done but I can't show it as yet...TOP SECRET!!
Today I am working on a different challenge. You will have to wait to see these also. I developed a bit of a plan last night but was getting too tired to do math. So not wanting to screw it up, I will start fresh this morning. This will be the project that covers two challenges so I have to make sure every requirement is covered.


So today along with the rain and literally watching my garden grow...I will be stitching along with Kathy and slow stitching Sunday. It is the perfect day for it too. Enjoy your day and whatever you decide to do!!

getting a drink and waiting to be planted

4 comments:

  1. It seems that most of Bonnie's quilts involve a LOT! of pieces. Some of the free patterns aren't as piecing involved. You will be glad you make the effort when she is finished. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rain delays can sure be a welcome relief to quilters, you have a few interesting mysteries going on. Love the green and white blocks, In Florida our rain season is just beginning its nice to get a break from dragging the hose around every now and then it gives me more time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain delay here is allowing me to get some stitching in also. I so love the rain....at least when don't have anywhere to go and there is stitching to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy here too...a great excuse to do some sewing rather than weeding! Bonnie's quilts always have lots of pieces but they look so nice when they are done!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...