Sunday 21 February 2016

Quilting Days

three baby tops with their backings to finish
I had one today, it was our annual baby quilt workshop. We get together and make small 24" square quilts for the neo-natal unit at our local hospital. I had one top finished and was going to quilt it there but instead I made two more tops and got the backing and batting ready for all three. That was a fun-filled day. As a guild member we are asked to make two of these each year.

Allietare is FINISHED!!! Well the top is and it is at my long arm quilter to be quilted. There was no way I wanted to quilt that one. I do think I will do the scalloped border but not sure what to use for binding as I have none of the outer border fabric left and the backing won't work(even if I had enough). So I am thinking a scrappy binding of the reds I used. I will look at that once it is back.

This week is production week. Well I am hoping for some productive time behind the sewing machine. I have started a list of the quilts and or projects I want to work on. I just have to settle down and pick one and get on with the business of sewing/quilting.

But for this evening I will be joining Kathy and doing some slow stitching on my winter wonderland blue work embroidery that I have been trying to finish. Peek in and see what others are slow stitching today. I think it is time for a chick flick and needle and thread! Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your Alleitare finish. I just finished up Clue 5, but I was a late starter...and I have trouble sticking with one project. Sweet little baby quilts and a nice guild project.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...