Monday 15 February 2016

Carnival weekend

Of course it is carnival weekend here in my little town. Good thing everything is indoors with a temperature of -34 this morning and only expected to rise to -25, it is a cold one.  I think it would be a good day to be ironing...something...anything just to stay warmer!!!
I have spent the week sewing up Allietare. WOW there is a lot of sewing to put this top together. I have also decided it will be going to my local longarm quilter for quilting. I am not going to wrestle with that large quilt and I am at a point now where I just want it finished. I have a few commission jobs on the horizon that need to get started and finished so that will free up time for me. I did get a small baby quilt top made and put together my star from the paper piecing class.
paper pieced hearts for a baby quilt

might be a pocket for a bag
My  sewing machine that I do my machine quilting on, was at the doctors for a checkup and cleaning and I just got her back. She is purring and ready to go. I have finished  some pieces from my paper piecing workshop from last week and they were waiting to be quilted and now I can do that.

I have picked up my embroidery project from last winter. I started it and thought I could finish it but decided no, I could get it done this winter. Hmm...well maybe it will be done for next winter. I forgot that embroidery is almost as slow as hand quilting. Oh did I mention I have a quilt basted and waiting for hand quilting too. How many irons(so to speak no pun intended) can one quilter have in the fire at once. Oh well it keeps life from getting boring.

Supper is going into the crockpot and I am off to work in the canteen at the carnival. Dressing warm even got the long johns on!!! Now I wonder if a vehicle will start or should I just walk...BRRRR!!!!

Adding a little here to complete the weekend. Sunday morning -37 and I had to go out and help make breakfast at the carnival. Cold morning..haven't seen one like that for over 20 years since I lived in Kapuskasing in Northern Ontario. Not much in the line of sewing or stitching got done today. It was an afternoon of napping and recouping for me. But check in with Kathy and see what others were slow stitching on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...