Sunday 27 January 2013

Catching my Breath

Woke up to -29 Celsius this morning and now it is late afternoon and it is snowing. I took advantage of the warmer weather to take down some outside Christmas decorations.
They are so small and adorable.
It has been a busy week. Two guild meetings, shopping day with my daughter, knitting day and a baby shower for triplets.This is definitely a day of rest and catching up. I am making sweaters for the triplets and this is one of two for the girls and the little boy's one will be something different.

I have also been wanting to get back to hand quilting. I promised my daughter a graduation quilt for all her hard work. So this is it and it has been on the poles since November. I haven't worked on it since before Christmas.YIKES!! At this rate it might be her grad/new job quilt!!
Love how the quilting shows unfortunately
 this is only the first row on a queen size quilt

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You figured out now to post photos and link up your blog...so exciting! Way to go! Love the sweet baby sweater! And so wonderful to see your hand quilting...this is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let me fool you...my daughter was by my side the whole time.Uploading pics I think I can handle, it is the linking thing I am going to have trouble with but I will keep trying!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day for knitting. Very cute baby sweater and the hand quilting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the pink baby sweater! Those ruffles are precious. Your quilting is wonderful also. It is so wonderful to make things for special people in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pink sweater. Sounds like the perfect ending to a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go...you did it! You successfully linked up to Slow Sunday Stitching...so great to have you at the party! Love the triplets baby sweaters...adorable!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...