Thursday 2 November 2023

Quilting Season

piranhas working away
 The Fall has arrived and now there is white stuff on my lawn so I guess I can safely say winter isn't far away!

I have had a busy Fall with two retreats on back to back weekends. First I travelled south to spend some time with my three piranha friends. If you haven't been on my blog before, we call ourselves the "fabric piranhas"! I actually worked on two or three projects that weekend including hand quilting on my top from a Libbs Elliott workshop I did in September. You can read about that here.

shores of Lake Huron
blustery and cold
The Fabric Piranhas












my patience quilt


I arrived home with just a couple days to set up and get my house ready for 4 other quilty friends. Unfortunately one injured herself and was unable to join us. Now this weekend was not as productive for me. I was piecing a quilt and I will just politely say that I probably did more ripping out than I did sewing. It was all my own fault which made it worse too! I did persevere and the top got finished but now it is in time out till I decide if I want to keep it or donate it as a charity quilt. I might name it Patience! I slipped on taking pictures at my house, maybe I was just ripping and swearing too much!!

Now I am back into my usual routine and trying to get some projects checked off my list. But unfortunately that is not going too well. SQUIRRELING is happening. Make a block here and there for guild, pizza box challenge for guild and then I am sidetracked with a mound of scraps and next thing you know I am working on a scrap quilt. I should be working on a baby quilt but I am also waiting on fabric for that project so all is good. I might have some blocks together by sunday to show.

While I was away I visited two quilt stores and gifted myself a wool pressing mat. If you have never tried one, they are amazing. I was skeptical about them but have tried them at several workshops and decided I needed one. I bought the 13" one which is great for units and pressing blocks. Just my own opinion on this product.

Enjoy the rest of your week, snow is lightly falling here so good day to be indoors with a good audiobook and some sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Even though you’re cold, everyone look happy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show us the pizza box challenge projects - would love to see what you make! What a great weekend we had - cold but so fun! Send me the piranha photos please - I don't have one of the four of us together!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...