Sunday 12 November 2023

Happiness is.....

5year old UFO...done!
 My week didn't start out so well but it sure ended happily! This week happiness is having a friend with a longarm who will quilt a quilt for you and you get to spend the day together. Now it almost didn't happen as we had snow overnight and in the morning I was not sure the roads would be good. I did end up going after some cajoling from Natalie(the longarm friend). The next day I trimmed the quilt and found the perfect label for it. It was like it was made just for this quilt.

not great pic but label is good colour for quilt


I also got to spend some time with my sister, her daughter in law, her son and their new puppy! Now tell me playing with a toddler and a puppy won't put a smile on your face or lift your spirits. I also got to see them again yesterday as my sister's in-laws celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary!(no typo- 70th). It was so good to see so many come out to celebrate and visit.

I have been encouraging myself to get other projects done. I do the ones I have been putting off and then treat myself with getting to sew on something I really want to do. I have a few more of the "want to do" then the other which is a good thing. I also found out this week, as I was looking for a UFO to longarm, that I have a few quilts that I want to hand quilt. I guess it is that time of year when I should load up the frame and get busy. If I load it now it will probably be my winter "go to" project.

today sewing up these blocks
Today I am in the sewing room working on a "want to" project with a cafe mocha and Baileys and than later I will be slow stitching the binding on the quilt from this week.  I am joining Kathy and friends with slow stitching today and getting things done!! Kathy asked what was your favorite way to slow stitch...mine is binding or working on my hexies! I don't know what I will do when the hexie quilt gets completed!!

Wishing you all a happy week ahead and hope you find something that makes you smile.


4 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty green and blue quilt you are finishing! Enjoy your binding and hexies today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, and love the new blocks you are working on. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a friend you have indeed! And what a great quilt to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve been busy. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...