Sunday 28 June 2020

And that's a wrap...or a finish!

One month, 25 days(but who's counting) and the quilt I have been hand quilting is done and off the frame. That was the easy part apparently. Yesterday I started the binding and knew I would have a bit of an issue but OMG it was the first time I have had so much trouble putting a binding on.
how it looked on frame
While the quilt was on the frame, the outside border got stretched a bit(I use crosswise grain borders). This left the outside of the quilt on the two long sides a bit wonky! While I was sewing the binding on, I got puckers in the border. I ripped it out twice and then decided to hand baste the border to the batting. I helped a bit. The worst part was  in the area where I had to join the two ends. I should have made that join on a side that wasn't wonky. I realize that now.

In my head I could hear Angela Walters saying "a finished quilt is better than a perfect quilt" or whatever that line is she says! I have decided I will be keeping this one for myself anyways. I just love all the quilting in it. With no helpers to hold the quilt, the best I can do is the front lawn and climb on a chair on the deck. I did however get a couple good shots of the quilting as the sun was setting the evening I took it off the poles.
quilting on back
more of quilting on back
So today after getting the binding all on and in place that quilt was set aside and I worked mostly on my hexie quilt. That was a lot of slow slow stitching for today. I now have a permanent hole in my one finger and oh does it hurt. So thimble is needed for any hand stitching even binding.That was my playing along with Kathy and slow stitching for today.
finished quilt without binding
Check in with Kathy's blog and see what everyone is doing to keep busy. We are doing well in my area and I am hoping that by summer's end if not before we will be back to regular life!! Take care!



4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! Great job and so fast! Sorry you had trouble attaching the binding... that's no fun. Hope you can get it to settle down and fit right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your work is so lovely and gives glory to Our God. I would like to learn to do the same.

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful! So frustrating when edges stretch. I think you found the perfect solution by hand basting. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email
    address::{professionalonlinecardhacker@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $650 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $700 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $900 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    emailaddress::::{professionalonlinecardhacker@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+13523585253


    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...