Monday 30 September 2019

Shop Hopping

My friend Susan and I enjoyed a busy day of shop hopping in and around the Barrie area. We went to all six stores on the shop hop, The Quilting Gnome, The Quilting Store, Country Concessions,Hummingbird Sewing Store, Thimbles and Things and Muskoka Quilting. This was serious work, we packed a lunch and refreshments and on the road at 7am!! We started at the farthest away 2.5 hour drive and got there just after they opened. As with all shop hops, it usually takes till the second or third store to get the hang of everything you have to do, get and have stamped.But all was accomplished and we were home for supper!!
Booty from the shop hop
At each store you could buy a mini charm bundle, if you got all six, at the last store you received a pattern to use them in.Some stores had an in-house draw or several prizes you could put tickets in on! I am patiently waiting to hear when I can pick up my prizes(I am sure I will win something)!!

I really didn't have anything in particular that I was looking for but I still managed to find a couple of deals and spend some birthday money(thanks Louise) on a jelly roll!The steal of the day was some lovely beige fabric with tone on tone cattails. It was half price and I got enough for a quilt backing! I bought some neutrals to replenish my stash, one book, one intriguing pattern,a couple of scrap bags(can't resist them)a new spritz bottle, some wonder clips and some hand stitching needles(for slow stitching with Kathy)of course!!

welcome desk at the quilt show
Now we did all this on Thursday. I know I am late posting but with good reason. Friday I helped set up our quilt show and attended it all weekend. So I was lucky to be able to squeeze in the shop hop.
Come back tomorrow and see all the goings on from the quilt show. There is some exciting news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...