Tuesday 11 June 2019

Where does it go!?!

garden pretty!!
Spring antics at the birdfeeder
Time is flying by and I have no idea where it goes so quickly. "They" say as you age, time goes by faster....it can't possibly!!!
Clothes are being hung outside, the garden is almost all in and the grass needs cutting AGAIN!!! All of these things have kept me busy and away from my studio. There have been a few rainy days and of course nothing interferes with my Wednesday sewing day with the girls. So although quilts are not being completed in leaps and bounds, I am making progress.
guild finish...needs two coloured binding yet

future baby quilt
This month is the last meeting for guild and we want a big show and tell finish. We did several workshops this year and I should have at least one project finished. I do have tops completed but only one completed quilt and I machine quilted  with free motion  myself. Those that know me know that that is quite an accomplishment as my heart is with hand quilting.

proud of my free motion quilting
I have been working on a paper pieced block. I finished one and decided(due to lack of enough fabric) to tear the block apart and replace one piece to ensure I have enough of the background to make 6 blocks. 8 blocks would have been better but with paper piecing there is so  much waste and I just couldn't squeeze out those extra 2 blocks. So I will have to make do with the 6, bigger sashing and bigger borders...haha! Hopefully I will have pictures in my next post! These blocks have been my Wednesday sewing project.

 Although I haven't been linking in with my friend Kathy and her Slow Sunday stitching...I have been looking in to see what everyone is doing. She is way more proficient than I am and you learn lots too from everyone that links in with her. Check it out and see!

Well the studio is calling and so it that binding that needs sewing on. Catch up with you later! Special hello to Jeanne...(I know post more).hope you are doing well and I will see you at guild next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...