Sunday 23 June 2019

Summer...,maybe!!

paper pieced and machine quilted front
We are officially summer by the calendar but not by the weather. It is getting sunnier but the temperatures aren't that high. That is definitely not me complaining...20-24 Celsius would be just fine with me for the whole summer!
quilt for a little Supergirl
As promised in my last post, the quilt is done.I was working on a paper pieced project and half way through  the decision was made as to who it was for. I have a friend who's daughter is in hospital and I decided to finish it and give it to her. As you will see in the pics, there was an added special touch just for her. I also machine quilted the whole thing. Some free motion and some walking foot. Pretty proud of myself for that as it is not my favorite thing to do!

EQ version of my quilt(close as I could get)
Life throws curve balls all the time and gets you to thinking and wanting to get things done. I have had a project waiting in the wings to be done. You know..one of those ...I will get to it!! So I spent a day designing a quilt. Taking pieces from here and there of projects I have seen in magazines that I liked. Voila.....a quilt is born!! Now to do some deep stash diving to find the necessary fabrics and I was off.
Now your quilt math is only as good as the quilter. I was very close, I mean really close but when you need 32 - 3 1/2" squares.....30 is not enough. I made a few friendly texts and found two friends with the fabric I needed...that was a close one. It helps that we were all part of a fat quarter group so it was only a matter of finding someone who had not used their's as yet!

Today I want to wish my friend Kathy a Happy Bloganniversary! I checked in with her blog this morning and it has been 7 years that she has been slow stitching on Sunday. Encouraging many quilters and stitchers to slow down and enjoy some quiet time! Thanks Kathy for all you do, offering us this chance to meet and enjoy each other's company.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a SUPER finish! LOL
    Thanks for participating in Slow Sunday Stitching, and for being the best blog stalker in the North! Looking forward to a trip to the Great White North to see in person what you are hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't want to wish the summer away but I am looking forward to the Piranha weekend too!!

      Delete
  2. Those warm temperatures sound idyllic. How lovely to gift your beautiful quilt to your friend. The EQ version of your new quilt looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...