Sunday 24 February 2019

Oh February....where did you go??

baggie scrap quilt-maybe another border??
Time does fly...want to keep it from going by so quickly? Get sick...that's right catch the flu and be sick for a week....it seems to last for a month. As I cough and hack...I write this post. This past week has been a long one with nothing to do but rest and sip tea. I had no ambition to do anything till later in the week and then it was only knitting. So I have made up time in the last two days ...sewing all afternoon. Yesterday I got one quilt top finished from a baggie of scraps that I found. Then last evening I  sewed together the blocks for a quilt I am doing for guild. It still needs a plain then a piano key border. Today I cut the scraps for the piano key border and started sewing them together.

bad weather+studio pic=seeing my messy room
But in the midst of all this sewing...I realized I didn't have a leader and ender that I could use....!!!So I dug into another box and found some tumbler pieces. Everything I was doing was put on hold so I could figure out where I was with those tumblers and where I was going. After some thought, I was back on track and more sewing was completed before supper.

Now this all sounds like great accomplishments and it is but only tops are getting completed. I really need to find more time to actually finish a quilt completely...there are a few waiting patiently for me to get busy!!
piano key border in the making
As usual today on this miserable rainy,wet, snowy day I checked in with my friend Kathy. Slow stitching is her thing and we can see what see has been up to and join in with her. She has been a busy lady this week. My slow stitching will wait till a bit later with a movie and some knitting. I am getting the hand quilting bug too. I so want to do some hand quilting. Wonder if I have a quilt to quilt...bahaha!!!

Catch up with you all later...stay safe and healthy!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear... feel better soon so you can get back to your regular quilting schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sick is no fun! Glad you are feeling well enough to do some sewing now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Wow, you got a lot accomplished while sick! I love your great sense of humor! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are amazing. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...