Thursday 20 September 2018

Finding my Groove

looking south east with the reflection of the sunset
After such a beautiful summer, I have been finding it hard to get back into the groove of sewing and quilting. Although my hexie project has been on going, I have been doing a lot of knitting over the past few months. We spent one last weekend camping and we had beautiful weather. This was our view over the lake one evening at sunset.
Now that guild has started and a few friends and myself have started getting together every second week to sew, my interest is slowly picking up speed!
some old favs, some new recipes
The garden is almost depleted of its contents and the pickle cupboard is full again! With that hunting season is upon us and that means free days but evenings in the tree house(most say tree stand)but really DH outdid himself on this one!
my blocks for Sara Joe
The month of September as I said in a previous post, is the start of quilting season and that is so true this week. I attended our first guild meeting and presented the upcoming program for the year. Included in that program is this quilt that a friend and I will be teaching over a couple of months. It goes by another name but we are calling it "Sara Joe". It will use up a lot of scraps and has so many options for types and colours of fabrics that you could use. It will be exciting to see what the members come up with.
I have also put together this quilt top and basted it. Unfortunately that is as far as I got. It is patently waiting for me to start quilting it.
I am headed to a friend's house for a visit and a weekend of quilting/sewing/chatting! The next weekend is a quilt show in Guelph and two weeks after that my annual retreat in Northern Ontario. See I said it was quilting season.....hope you are all finding you way to your sewing rooms and having fun!
charity quilt just waiting to be quilted


No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...