Sunday 27 November 2016

Last November Sunday!

a little free-motion quilting
It has been a busy week indeed and today is no exception. I did groceries and some other shopping so that tomorrow I can do Christmas shopping alone without having to stop for groceries.  But also this  week I hosted my knitting group on Wednesday where we quilted, sewed and even knitted. We had a delicious pot luck supper and then we all headed out to a guild meeting(we just happen to all belong to the same guild too).
all walking foot quilting even circles
my colour choices
I have finished two quilts this week. Both are the Chic Sister pattern with the curved ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful.






I also completed the first clue of Bonnie Hunter's mystery which started on Friday. Boy that was a lot of 4 patches. We are also doing a mystery at guild so that clue was completed as well. Just tying up loose ends in the sewing room. I am responsible for giving the pattern for the next few BOM at guild so I have to get them done. It is hard enough to do Christmas in July but I have to do a block in December for Easter!!! yikes!!
I am going to try to keep the Christmas sewing load light this year. Maybe a little knitting is all I will have to do.




This is what is next on my table. I received this fabric from a mysterious donor(who was at our potluck and won't say who she is). I found soome in my boot at the door and some was tucked in a closet. I wonder if there is more somewhere else in the house? I think there is enough with the other fabric I have added, to make two charity quilts. I think a couple of young girls will love them.
After supper I think it will be a slow stitching evening. I have checked in with Kathy's blog already today and will be back to see what everyone else is up to. She is talking needles and pins today. I don't have a favourite, I just use which ever one will get the job done and that I can see to thread the eye on!!
Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Both of your quilts are darling. I love the colors you have chosen. The fabrics for Bonnie's quilt are great. I'm not sewing along this year, I'll just cheer on those of you that do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting all those 4-patches done when you have so many other projects happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun watching everyone start Bonnie's new quilt. Mine from last year still needs finishing..oops!! Love your sweet finishes, too.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...