Sunday 6 November 2016

Here we go again!

sections to be sewn yet
Just as I finish a project, I begin another one. I was in a workshop yesterday that used the Sew Kind of Wonderful curved ruler. We did a lot of cutting and sewing. I am well on my way to a finished top but will have to do some sewing today to get it finished. I have lots of finished sections but no blocks as yet. I chose to downsize the quilt from the original pattern. I am making a lap size in the hopes that I can get it done faster and sooner!

almost finished block
This is also the start of my most favorite week of the year...opening of deer season! Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I want to see DH and the dog leave for a week and be left alone all week. BUT the plan is to get lots of sewing and quilting done this week. I have a couple of deadlines that I would like to see completed and I have some blocks of the month that need making for the coming months at the guild. Don't even get me started on how many kits or projects that are sitting in boxes and baskets waiting to be taken out and worked on, or just have their presence acknowledged!

pinwheels waiting to be sewn too
I have been working on the blocks from our first curved piecing workshop I taught a couple of weekends ago. I have made some changes and will probably end up with three smaller quilts using these blocks. I have mixed the colours to create a more pleasing pinwheel.My other blocks have the colours reversed with the white and they look kind of plain so I will have to think of some way to boast their appeal...maybe the quilting will do the trick.

 On slow stitching sunday I will be sewing at the machine till later in the day then I will join Kathy for some relaxing stitching with a needle and thread. I have taken out my embroidery once again to work on. This will be the second winter that I am working on these blocks. Why did I think I could get the project all done in one winter!!!I have made headway and have two or three blocks to go...but one is very large. They are a Crabapple Hill pattern called Winter Wonderland. Maybe this will be the winter I get to snuggle up under this finished quilt.
Have a great week and check back to see what I am getting done or at least sewing on!

3 comments:

  1. I love Crabapple patterns. I am the wife of a Wrestling Coach, so my Husband break-sewing time comes in late January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like having some sewing time with no husband in the house once in a while too! I hope you have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed some slow stitching time today and made some progress on the blue embroidery! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...