Sunday 9 October 2016

So much to be Thankful for!!

Waiting to go to its home
It really is a weekend to be thankful. Happy Thanksgiving from Canada.This is a busy weekend in my household. Our daughter is home for a visit and to do some bird hunting with her dad. It is also the weekend that I get ready to go away for my annual quilting retreat. But first I must make sure things are prepared and laundry is done  cause before I return DH is gone for a week of hunting. So today while they are off looking for birds, I will be searching for projects to do at the retreat. There is no lack of projects but it is a matter of which ones I would like to do! There will definitely be some decisions to make this week.
newest socks for ME
I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks because there hasn't been much happening. I have been taking care of a pinched nerve in my lower back which has hindered getting much sewing done. I have gotten a few things accomplished. The yard is cleaned up and ready for Fall and all the pickling is done. I still have a few large zuchinni to use up but that will happen. In the sew/knitting department I have finished the green quilt for my friend.With no fabric left from the quilt, I folded the backing to the front for the binding and hand stitched it in place.You can read about this quilt's story here. Today I will find a label for it and she will be picking it up in two weeks. I also finished these socks. It has taken me over 9 months to do the first sock and I have finished the second one in a little over a week. Just in time for the cooler weather. In my defense, I didn't do much knitting this summer but I did finish 4 large quilts!!

With today being Sunday and Kathy having her slow stitching Sunday, I will be joining in but later in the evening. There is much sorting and packing to be done and maybe a little sitting at the sewing machine with any luck. I have this pattern from "Sew Kind of Wonderful" cut out and maybe I will sew a few of these blocks. It is made using a special ruler with a curve in it.I will be teaching this as a class at our guild Oct.22, so I guess it would be good to have some of it finished!!! I thought it would be great with a white background and print swirls but once I started actually doing the pattern I realized the way it is pieced you get mirror image blocks. So now I will have to come up with a new layout for mine as I have cut all the blocks already. Oh well "creative opportunity"!!!
"Chic Sister"
 Have a great week everyone and enjoy the beautiful Fall colours!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, and love the green quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I am looking forward to seeing your version of that pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...