Sunday 11 September 2016

Running, running, running!

bride and groom
Yes it has been a fast and furious couple of days. Travelled to see out daughter and attend a friend's daughter's wedding. The red and white quilt I have been working on was for this bridal couple. They finally have it in their hands and I think they like it!!It was a great wedding held in the groom's large garage on a beautiful day in September. We drove home the next day in rain, the whole 5 hour drive of rain. So I would say the couple got very lucky to have had such a great day.

Today I was gone for the whole day to our quilt show in North Bay. I had 8 entries ranging from large, wallhanging to even a mini. I had one guest to the show asking about a quilt I have for sale. She might get back to me as she wants to make sure it would be a good size for her bed. By the end of the day all ribbon winners were also chosen. I received a 2nd place viewer's choice ribbon. I think that is very exciting. So now maybe I can sell it for more as it is a ribbon winner?!?!haha
hand quilted ribbon winner

So tonight it is a relaxing evening. I need to rest up from these busy days. Fall is fast approaching so things in the garden need tending to...anyone need zucchini?!
I will be checking in with everyone over at Kathy's blog and see what you are all working on. My evening will be putting a few more hand quilting stitches in the quilt I have been working on for a friend. Not sure what new projects might be on the horizon but stay tuned to find out.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! I voted for it! Your stitches are neat and even plus your pattern choice suited the quilt perfectly. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win. Lucky bride and groom to get such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt was a very attractive quilt and I loved the quilting you did on it - and its nice to see hand quilting and you are so good at it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...