Friday 10 October 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Well to my Canadian readers, this is turkey weekend with family. Our plans are very low-keyed, dinner tomorrow with DH's family and the rest of the weekend is finishing up the outdoor chores before the snow flies. I also have to pack and get things ready for my quilting retreat which starts next week on Thursday till Sunday!!  3 1/2 day of sewing, eating and talking.
marcus sew along top finished
I have been cutting and kitting some projects but I am considering taking a machine quilting project too. But that would mean taking two machines. Has anyone else done that? I have come to love piecing on my featherweight but would need my other machine to quilt on. OR I might just get that quilting done this weekend. The quilt is from the Marcus Sew along. I showed part of the top in the last blog entry and I did have enough fabric for set in triangles and was able to find border, backing and binding fabric yesterday. The backing is peeking out from under the top. Those squares are whiskey labels. Lending even more of a masculine feel to the quilt. I am also taking some handwork along for those times when you just need a break from the sewing machine!!

Belle is now 12 weeks

Zoe & Belle(8weeks old)
Life with a new puppy is getting better. She is almost sleeping through the night and she is growing too. There is almost not enough room for both of them on the one bed anymore but she tries to fit!! I will try for a better pic of her alone but she doesn't sit still long unless she is sleeping!

I have been doing some embroidery in the evening and have one block done. When I took out the second block I realized I had drawn the pattern on the wrong side of the fabric....oops!! Back to the tracing board! Embroidery is almost as relaxing as hand quilting!

Hope everyone has a fun,turkey and family filled weekend!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...