Monday 29 September 2014

Hello colours!!


even our oak tree has some colour
looking over my veggie garden
Yes the colours of Fall are really showing themselves these days. All around our yard you can see them. My garden is almost not visible under a layer of elm leaves and our precious oak tree that my dad planted from an acorn is doing well. We have moved this tree 4 times...so we are fortunate to have it doing so well.
not sure how she fit in there

Life with a new puppy is settling down. My daughter thinks she is my dog...well by this photo maybe. She spent one morning following me around the sewing room and finally settled into a spot for a nap!
She continues to grow, in one month she has gone from 11 to 22 pounds! She is very energetic so I am not sure how she is gaining so much, but puppies do grow!!
I have been trying to get old projects done from my sewing room. Ones that maybe have sat long enough. I mean really what am I waiting for, they aren't gonna finish themselves!! haha
So this barbie top was already sewn and I sandwiched it and did a simple grid work on it. Now it is ready to go to Project Linus. These snowflakes(from a shop hop in 2011) I made back in July during a girl's weekend for my birthday. I added some sashing and some hand quilting(which was what I did on slow stitching Sunday) and now all I have to do is finish the binding. I am not sure yet where this will find a home. There is no end in sight to the UFOs I can be finishing.

Scattered on my cutting table is the next project. An embroidered quilt with patchwork blocks around the embroidery. Once I have it started I will post some pictures.It was suppose to be done as redwork but I am going to do it in blue instead. Now to find just the right shade of blue thread to do the embroidery. hmm a trip to the store is in order.
I have to start thinking about what projects to take in October to my quilting retreat. I am thinking that if I have the projects in kits it will be more productive but I have to get on that. Hmmm wonder how many projects I can get done in a four day stretch!?!



4 comments:

  1. Such a cute puppy photo... she is a treadling assistant?!?
    Wonderful to see your blue blocks put together... awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, your puppy is darling -- what kind of dog is she?? I'm amazed you could do any treadling with her down there!! Fall is my favorite time of year -- all the glorious colors!! Enjoy finishing up your UFOs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a golden retriever and I have not quite mastered the treadling. My DH is better at it than I am...it is not as easy as it looks!

      Delete
  3. Just popped in to take a look at your quilting which is amazing. But that puppy really made me smile such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...