Sunday 1 June 2014

Where is the timing going?

It is the first day of June...how did that happen? Well things have certainly been changing around here.Warmer temperatures have given me the itch to get outside. An itch in one than one way. Seems the mosquitos are especially hungry and plentiful this year ...thank God for bug coats. I have been working in the garden and DH and I have added two veggie gardens although they are not right at the house. One is a 5 minute drive away and the other is way out in the country.It will be for potatoes and root veggies that just have to grow and don't need much tending.We are headed there today to plant the last of things, so my stitching today will have to wait till later on. Just have to add a pic of one of my flowerbeds. The oak tree we moved last year. My dad planted it from an acorn and it has been moved two other times. We are so glad it has survived and it doing well. The flowers I just added yesterday for colour and when those poppies start to bloom, this bed will be very colourful.




Mama Robin has returned to our lean-to off the garage again. These pics are only 1 1/2 weeks apart. The little ones sure do grow fast. They are almost falling out of the nest!
With the warmer temperatures, I am finding my basement sewing room to cold for comfort so like last year I have moved temporarily upstairs. We don't use this living room much since we have a family room so here I am...it works for me! The wooden table I rescued. It is a solid sturdy table and works well for sewing on.As you can see I still have a bit to go on the quilt on the frame. Along with that, if I get any time to sit, I will be stitching on "love blooms here" a challenge piece for one of my guilds. We are to bring it tomorrow night to show. It won't be finished but that is okay!Check out what everyone else is up to who is joining Kathy on slow stitching Sunday!                                                                                                                    

6 comments:

  1. Silly me so excited to get my post out...that the proof reading wasn't done well....the title should be "where is the time going!!!" giggle giggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, what a wonderful quilt you are working on! I love the blues and browns together and applique always tugs at my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Blooms is so cute! You have a great set-up in your living room. It is so nice to have the space we need to spread out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty quilt! Enjoy the stitching around the outside chores. Your little garden is going to be lovely when it is all in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see your creative pursuits.... indoor and out.
    Hope you enjoyed your stitching today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the weather gets so nice, it's hard to stay inside and stitch, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...