Sunday 8 June 2014

A week of finishes

finally done the quilting
I might be playing while DH is away during the week but I am getting some quilting done! I was determined not to write this post till the quilt was off the poles and it happened today. It is finally finished. I always start out with good intentions and they get lost somewhere about half through quilting a quilt, then I can see the end is near and go all crazy. My poor fingers are full of pin pricks!! Now this week while DH is gone I will be putting on the binding and starting to put together these 6" blocks.


little one's quilt, big boy toy in background
I also got a baby quilt done this week and shipped off to its new owner...my great nephew. I hope he will love all the trucks and the roads to drive his little trucks on! I had the truck pattern and fabric picked out and then I found this panel that was so perfect!
The gardens are finally all in so I am hoping for more sewing/quilting time. Check in with kathy and see what others are up  to today on slow stitching Sunday. My slow stitching has been all afternoon so tonight ...relaxing I think!! Maybe I will get reaquainted with my knitting project that has been put on the back burner of late.

4 comments:

  1. Your hand quilting looks amazing... congratulations on getting to the binding stage! When it's done, I would like to request a dozen close up photos of the quilting design :)
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your quilt is beautiful.....amazing hand quilting:) SandiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilting. What a lucky little boy to get such a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, can't wait to see that top quilt up close and personal. Looks amazing - your hand quilting rocks.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...