Monday 11 February 2013

Getting it done!

Good morning...

Up early this morning and filled with hope of getting something productive done today. The camera is working...it was just the camera person and lighting that weren't cooperating last night. So here is a pic of the wee baby quilt tops that I made yesterday at our sewing bee.
Two cuties for little girls.
Also this weekend I finished the binding on this purple quilt. It is a gift for a relative who is a big Baltimore Ravens fan, thus the colours!I found the perfect plaid brushed cotton for the backing too. I taught a workshop a couple of weeks ago at guild and this was my sample along with another blue one seen here. It isn't finished yet because I am thinking I would like to handquilt feathers on the columns.

Manly enough?
Have a great Monday with whatever you choose to do!!! Enjoy yourself and have fun, isn't that what it is all about!







3 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt....but seriously you're crazy to hand quilt feathers on a guy's quilt...they won't appreciate the effort...IMHO!
    Barb says Hey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no...I machine quilted this purple one but I also did one in pale blue and white and that is the one that I want to handquilt. But the guy I will be giving this purple one to, would appreciate it.

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...