Sunday 14 February 2021

Happy Valentine's Day

 For hubby and I, it is spending the day together or at least in the same house doing what each of us enjoys, me sewing and him running to the garage to keep the fire on. We have had a cold temperature week around here....-31C being the coldest morning! We will be watching the first Nascar race later today! That is when I will get in my slow stitching for today! Join Kathy and see what others are up to today!

hand quilting coming along
Sadly our area will remain in lockdown while most of the province will be opening later this week. We have had an outbreak that is very serious. This doesn't change our life greatly except our daughter is unable to visit as yet. At this rate we might be celebrating Christmas at Easter!

a quilt to be





This week has been filled with a little bit of everything. Hand quilting continues on the frame. I am almost to the half way point!  I pin basted a quilt and am working on machine quilting that. I have been knitting a scarf for my mom that didn't get done for Christmas maybe it will be an early start for next year! I also finished the binding on that large quilt from last week! I have dug fabric out for a quilt for a little person I know...worked up a layout and now just need to set aside some time to get it done!!

machine quilt is getting there

I also started to cut apart some shirts to make some memory pillows. My uncle passed away at the end of January and his family have asked if I could do this for them. With not being able to attend the funeral, I felt honoured to be able to do something. I sewed up one pillow for practice. Now I have to buy some pillow forms so I know what size to cut the remaining shirts so they fit the pillows.




My friend Carla at Quilting by the River will be starting her Spring quilt along this week.(See facebook "Spring quilt along with Carla") Everyone is welcomed to join in the fun but there is a $10 fee to be paid up front before you can be part of the facebook group. She gives lots of tips and tricks to do the blocks and you may learn other things too! Do I really need to start another new quilt project....well I have to use up that fabric somehow!?!? 

So here's to another week at home getting quality sewing time in!!!


 

5 comments:

  1. Your hand quilting frame is so nice and your quilt is beautiful! So sorry about the lockdown and the fact that you are still waiting for Christmas. 😔 Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! Sorry about the lockdown. Hopefully one of these days we will be through with this mess! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you are still in lockdown and your daughter is unable to visit. It is very difficult right now, but at least you all are staying safe. I think those memory pillows are such a wonderful idea. Enjoy working on all those projects. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so productive and working on so many wonderful projects!
    Such a great idea to make memory pillows from your Uncle's clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. asian dating

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...