Sunday 14 April 2019

Waves.....

7 challenge fabrics
This week has been all about waves. I started the week cutting out fabric for a challenge. I decided to make a single bed quilt and use the ocean waves pattern. I could use the 7 colours of batiks that I was given and muslin for the background. That way all the colours would play nice together. I have the quilt top finished and pin basted but have no idea how to machine quilt it!?! I had three days in a row of sewing this week...unheard of in recent memory!!

top ready for quilting




My second wave of the week was a wave of anxiety mixed with apprehension. I was paying bills and a transaction on my bank account appeared and was not mine or DH. We reported it and the bank is looking into it. Seems this is what the scammers/thiefs do....try a small purchase and if it goes unnoticed, they continue with larger purchases. It was a learning situation for me and I hope I can save someone else the same fate. In this time of automation and computer banking...please check your accounts and make sure you are indeed safe and nothing our the ordinary is happening with your money!

Just when we think Spring is here...we are getting another wave of snow and yucky stuff. I saw two robins today so that with the snow...in my mind Spring is here!!!

The waves will continue this week too as I have two meetings and one full day of sewing. Then Easter weekend will be on our doorstep.
I visited with Kathy and looked to see what everyone was slow stitching on today and even detoured to Rainbow scrap challenge blog. So fun visiting with everyone! Have a great week  everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...